In the event of any violation of the Rules or Code of Conduct, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken. Camp Silah maintains the authority to suspend or dismiss a camper's involvement in camp activities, with no refund of camp fees, should such disciplinary action be necessary. However, prior to reaching a final decision, a meeting will be arranged between the camper, parent/guardian, and camp directors to collaboratively determine the most suitable course of action.
CAMP SILAH GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. To ensure that the rights of all individuals are protected while attending the camp. 2. To establish the safest and best possible learning environment for all camp participants.
3. To ensure that breaches of the rules and code of conduct are treated in a fair and consistent manner.
CAMP SILAH EXPECTATIONS
1. Campers have the responsibility to treat one another, staff and property with respect.
2. Campers have the responsibility to act and behave in a way which does not endanger intimidate or interfere with the participation of others.
3. Campers have the responsibility to follow the instructions given by camp staff.
4. Campers are expected to participate in all activities unless given permission not to.
5. Campers have the responsibility to behave according to this code of conduct.
DON'T DO IT
1. Cigarettes or any tobacco products, alcohol, non-prescribed drugs, weapons and pornographic material.
2. Language which is offensive, sexist or racist.
3. Fighting, bullying or any other forms of aggressive behavior.
4. Leaving camp boundaries without permission.
5. Behaving in a manner which is potentially dangerous to self and others.
6. Behaving in a manner which damages or vandalizes the property of others or the Camp Magruder Campsite.
DON'T BRING IT
THIS IS A TECHNOLOGY FREE CAMP. Please do not send your child’s cell phone or any other electronic devices with them. Cameras are an exception, but we cannot be held responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items. Any camper caught with a tech device will have it confiscated until the end of the camp. Your children are free to bring snacks along with them to Camp Silah but keep in mind that there are serious allergies so we ask that you please do not send your camper with any snacks that contain the following ingredients:
1. Nuts, Sesame Seeds & Oils.
2. Foods that may contain gelatin that are not certified halal.